Friday, July 29, 2005

Recipe Fridays - Honeydew Shrimp

OK, I know I missed last week. I had a good reason. I was at the doctor's getting my leg removed from that stupid cast. Boy is it nice to be free. One month in an aircast and then I should be back to normal.
So, please forgive me for missing my recipe post last week.
Here's this week's post. Don't turn your nose up at the title. I've had a number of people do that, yes BJ you know you thought I was off my rocker.

Honeydew Shrimp

Marinade
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbls olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Creole seasoning (see below)
1 lb small shrimp (50 count or higher)

Dressing
1 tbls olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

1/2 of a honeydew melon (pealed, seeded, and chopped into ¼ inch cubes)
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped

1 lime, cut into wedges

Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl to combine. Add shrimp and marinate for 15 minutes. Mix dressing ingredients in a medium bowl to combine. Add honeydew and onion and toss to coat. Either grill or saute shrimp in a large saute pan until done, 3-5 minutes. Add shrimp to honeydew and serve. Garnish with lime wedges.

Servings: 8 appitizers

Time: 25-30 minutes


Creole Seasoning (courtesy of Emeril Lagasse)

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home