Monday, December 19, 2005

UGGGGggggggggg…….

Well, I had a few extra sick days at work so I decided to use them up before the end of the year. No, really, Andrew decided to make me take some time off, little flu passer. No, it’s not really his fault; he’s just a victim of some smart person not finding the cure to the common crud. Ya, that’s right, it’s their fault. But I’m not bitter, I only had to bow down to the porcelain god just once.
The problem with being sick isn’t being sick so much, even though that does have it’s bad moments, it’s the boredom, the back pain from sitting for hours in a chair that you normally find comfortable, the constant thought that at any moment you will be running to the John to see the Jell-O that you just downed.
The only things that save me are family members that stop and get you sick person food while they’re out buying me Christmas presents, little kids asking everything of Mommy because I have a 5 foot perimeter of crime scene tape around me where no one can pass, and wife’s that only want to curl up with you and make it all better.
I’m glad I seem to get sick every year at the end of they year. It’s cold outside, work is often slow, and there’s so many Christmas cooking shows on TiVo. Oh, if you ever get sick, stop at the local Best Buy and get yourself a TiVo. It’s better than NyQyl, Jell-O and pudding combined.
Well, back to my resting. This typing is taking it’s toll on me.

Signed,
Ug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home