Sunday, February 12, 2006

This Date in History

Well, today is my birthday. Happy Birthday Me. Oh, OK, not what I wanted to talk about. I was curious about everything that happend on ths date in history. I went to my trusty knowledge source, Wikipedia, and found some things to note. Here's my summary of this date in history.

1809 Abraham Lincon and Charles Darwin were born. Both great men in their own right.
2000 Death of one of the most influential people in American history, Charles Schultz. Oh how I think about his work every time I sit down and watch Charlie Brown's Christmas.
1870 Women in Utah gain the right to vote
2004 Matel Inc. announces that Barbie is fet up with Ken and wants to move on. Sad day for all you little girls out there.
1938 German troops invade Austria
1909 The NAACP was founded
1733 Georgia becomes the 13th and final colony
2001 A federal appeals court shut down Napster
1999 The Senate voted to aquite President Clinton on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice


So, what will happen this year that's noteworthy? We'll have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home