Monday, August 14, 2006

Why Fishing and Women Just Don’t Work

We spent this last weekend trolling around in a little boat on Spirit Lake searching for kokanee. Saturday was just an afternoon outing and the weather wasn’t the best for fishing. It was windy and a bit overcast. Turned out we only boated 7 of the little guys that day, but we hoped to do better on Sunday.
The weather was much better on Sunday, sunny, calm, and in the low 80’s. My wife had her lucky pole back from Grandpa and cashed in. She ended up catching her limit, 15, before we went in with the sunset. While the little one and I together equaled her catch. I only ended up getting 6. So, not that I’m upset that she out fished me again this weekend, but more upset that we can’t figure out what she is doing differently than the rest of us to get so many more fish. I’m glad she’s helping stock the freezer, but it would be so much better if the rest of us had the same amount of luck as we would have that many more fish to eat.
We will be going to the local sports store today to get more of the same colored lures that she was using and I’ll be trying to figure out the length of line and weight equivalents for the other poles so we end up at the same depth.
It’s just a bit depressing holding your pole in one hand with nothing on it all day while you keep having to get up to get the net to pull in her latest catch. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for her as it is probably keeping her interested which allows me to get her out on the lake instead of doing stuff around the house. I can imagine that I wouldn’t be getting out if she wasn’t catching anything.
And we did determine that it’s not just her “Women’s Touch” as she put it. After she hit her limit and decided to stop, we gave the pole and set-up to the little one and he boated 4 or 5 more while I still had no bites. Now we just need to replicate the setup and try again next weekend.
Good work babe, guess the hunter gather roles are switched in our household.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Umm ya.. We all knew the roles were switched a long time ago. :D

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home