Friday, September 16, 2005

A Picture Says 1000 Words...

...and so do it's comments.

I was checking up on some Flickr groups today and came across one that caught my eye. It's a great picture. To be able to capture the light the way he did is incredible. But while reading some of the comments I was taken in by one.

" In my opinion a photo 'lives' not with its 'perfectionism' but with the impression!
A photo tells something about the moment, the view and the impression the photographer had this moment. The photographer tris to tell this with the photo and only if one is not able to understand he'll start the discussion about how to make it better."


It gives me some hope that I don't need to be perfect with my photos, only try to convey my experience the best way possible. Imperfections in the lighting or range doesn't matter as much as conveying the experience to my audience. I think that's a great thing to keep in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home