Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kokanee

No, not the beer, the fish. I’ve spent quite of bit of time this year getting to know this little fish. It all started when we started doing a bunch of fishing around home early this summer. We spent many hours out on the boats looking for the best fishing spots. I’ve spent many hours at the kitchen sink cleaning the fish as we did find the good fishing spots. Lately I’ve spent a few lunch hours driving up the road from work to a known kokanee spawning ground to try and get some pictures of the little guys as they’ve turned red and head up stream. Until this year I had no idea that kokanee changed color when they went to spawn. I knew they went up stream, did their thing, then died, but I had no idea they went through such a physical change. Well, today I went out to spot some kokanee heading up stream and was able to get a few good pics. I thought I would share so anyone that doesn’t know much about these tasty little guys can learn something new. Enjoy.




More here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home